If someone upon whom you depend financially dies leaving you nothing in his or her will, judges have the power to ensure that you do not go empty-handed. As a...Continue reading
Areas of law covered
- High Court litigation incorporating contentious probate and serious personal injury work
- University of Birmingham- LLB
- Chester College of Law – LSF
Brief overview of your career
I am a founding Member of Hubbard Pegman & Whitney, having set up the firm with my Partner Outi Hubbard in October 2007. Prior to that, I worked as a salaried Partner in an established private practice for some time. I have always relished litigation and in recent years have focused on particularly complex and challenging High Court work. I have balanced my litigation client work with managing and running the practice since 2007.
Professional memberships and accreditations
- The Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel
- West London Law Society
- Member of the Law Society’s Civil Litigation Service
What you offer your clients
I have a wealth of litigious experience accumulated over 20 years as a litigation solicitor. I can be patient and proactive but relish taking a robust position when needed. I am able to speedily absorb a complicated and detailed set of facts, unpick these and get to the heart of the legal issues. I have a wealth of experienced professional allies that I have worked with over the years and this enables me to offer a top rate service.
Why you love what you do
I love to see a case through and build good client relationships, culminating in achieving an outcome that is tailored to an individual client. I appreciate that some clients will want their day in court but sometimes this is the last thing that a client wants. I love to be able to match those wishes and use my experience and expertise to help a client at a time when they need it.
I am a great music lover and enjoy attending concerts, festivals and sing in a choir from time to time. I also enjoy dancing with friends as a way to keep fit and I am an avid reader, delighting in a couple of book clubs. London is a joy to live in and I enjoy visiting art galleries and exhibitions.
- “Charlotte’s client care is second to none and she is a pleasure to work with.” Barrister at Radcliffe Chambers
- “If I hadn’t contacted Charlotte 5 years ago I dread to think how I would be now. Thank you does not seem words enough without getting overly emotional and soppy but I will never forget the support you gave me.”
- “I have worked with Charlotte for the last 11 years with great pleasure. I am always happy to recommend Charlotte and her firm to claimants who are looking for sympathetic, professional and practical advice. Charlotte and her team work to achieve the best outcome for the client, in the least stressful manner possible.”
- “The small size of Charlotte’s firm does not reflect the significant value of many of the claims handled there.” Barrister at Cloisters Chambers