At Hubbard Pegman & Whitney LLP, we work with a wide variety of individuals and businesses throughout Hammersmith to solve legal problems. We provide a high level of professional service and pragmatic advice to all our clients.
Our main office is located in Hammersmith, London.
Our services in Hammersmith
Our divorce solicitors in Hammersmith have extensive experience helping clients navigate one of the most stressful periods of their lives. With our assistance and professional support, there is minimal chance you will need to go to court giving you the best possible chance of sorting out challenging matters involving finances and children efficiently and painlessly.
Our family law solicitors in Hammersmith have a wide range of experience across all legal matters and issues involving families and relationship breakdown, including:
- Divorce, civil partnership dissolution, and separation
- Financial remedies upon relationship breakdown
- Parental responsibility
- Cohabitation disputes
- Relationship breakdown of unmarried couples
- Domestic violence
- Court proceedings involving children, including Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders
- Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements
- Financial provision for children upon the separation of unmarried couples
- Same sex divorce
Wills and estate planning
Whatever your personal circumstances or financial situation, you will benefit from making a Will. From ensuring your partner, children and other loved ones are adequately provided for, to minimising the amount of Inheritance Tax you will have to pay upon your death, our Will solicitors in Hammersmith can provide clear, practical advice on the best ways to plan for the future.
We understand that taking on the responsibility to sort out a loved one’s estate after they have died is a daunting task. Our sensitive but practical probate solicitors in Hammersmith are on hand to guide you through the process and ensure your loved one’s final wishes are respected.
From obtaining the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration, to paying Inheritance Tax, to making sure the Beneficiaries get their inheritance, we will leave no stone unturned and hopefully take a great weight off your shoulders.
It is not uncommon for disputes to arise after a beloved family member passes away. Our specialist contentious probate solicitors in Hammersmith can advise in relation to all types of Wills and inheritance disputes, including:
- Challenges to the validity of a Will
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims
- Other inheritance disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Trust disputes
- Disputes between Executors
- Disputes between Executors and Beneficiaries
Court of Protection
If you are concerned that a loved one has lost the mental capacity to make their own decisions and they have not made a Lasting Power of Attorney, we can help you make an application to the Court of Protection. Our expertise includes:
- Advising on mental capacity assessments
- Applications to become a Court of Protection Deputy (Property and Financial Affairs Deputy and/or Personal Welfare Deputy)
- Statutory Wills
- Helping someone make decisions or advice on making decisions for someone else
Our Court of Protection solicitors in Hammersmith can also act as Professional Deputies for people lacking mental capacity where it is in their best interests.
Lasting Powers of Attorney
Consider making a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA), a legal document which appoints someone you trust (an “Attorney”) to make decisions on your behalf if and when you lose your mental capacity in the future.
Illnesses, such as Dementia, and brain injuries may impact any of us at any time. It is therefore important to think about who will look after you or manage your financial affairs if you cannot do so in the future. Our Power of Attorney solicitors in Hammersmith can draft a strong LPA on your behalf as well as provide advice to Attorneys on their duties and responsibilities.
Our residential conveyancing solicitors in Hammersmith have an enviable reputation for our expertise handling all types of residential property transaction, including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold property
- Sale and purchase of leasehold property
- New build conveyancing
- Shared ownership
- Right to Buy
- Transfer of equity
- Lease extension
- Freehold acquisition by lessees
- Sale of freehold reversion
Our solicitors are members of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation.
Our commercial conveyancing solicitors in Hammersmith have a wealth of experience advising individuals and businesses in transactions involving commercial property, including complex and high value matters. Our expertise includes:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Landlord and tenant
- Multi-let sites
- Retail properties
- Restaurant, hotel and leisure properties
- Industrial units
- Development and investment
- Portfolio acquisition and management
- Construction and planning
- Option agreements
- Drafting commercial leases
Property disputes are common but often stressful for owners and occupiers. Our highly skilled property litigation solicitors in Hammersmith are experienced litigators with a flair for negotiation. Our goal is to help you resolve the dispute as amicably as possible whilst protecting your personal and financial interests. Our expertise includes:
- Contractual disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Possession proceedings
- Rent arrears and service charge recovery
- Housing disrepairs
- Boundary and neighbour disputes, including party wall disputes
- Lease disputes
- Commercial and residential conveyancing disputes
Our personal injury solicitors in Hammersmith have handled countless sensitive and complex cases resulting in millions of pounds of compensation won for our clients. We can accept most of our clients on a No Win No Fee basis, so you can pursue justice with little to no financial risk to yourself. Our expertise includes:
- Industrial disease
- Product liability
- Claims against local authorities
- Sports injuries
- Workplace injuries
- Abuse/assault claims
- Road traffic accidents
- Fatal accidents
- Occupational injury
- Criminal injury compensation
Our team includes Charlotte Pegman, an accredited member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel.
Our civil litigation solicitors in Hammersmith will take all possible steps to resolve your dispute efficiently and positively in your favour. We always carefully tailor our advice to suit our clients’ individual needs and promote their commercial strategy if necessary. Our expertise includes:
- Breach of contract
- Negligence, including professional negligence
- Nuisance claims
- Property claims
- Insurance disputes, including construction and engineering matters, defective equipment, product liability, and poor workmanship