Any good lawyer will tell you that it is far better for divorcing couples to agree how their assets should be divided, rather than fighting it out in court. A...Continue reading
The breakdown of a relationship is one of the most stressful events a person experiences. At Hubbard Pegman & Whitney LLP, our first concern is to make this difficult situation easier.
Our experienced Hammersmith family law team will ensure that all of the various practical and legal options are discussed in a sensible and sensitive manner. If it is possible for a relationship to be saved, we support this and will ensure appropriate referrals can be made to counselling. We work with individuals in family law matters involving:
- Divorce and related financial remedies
- Child arrangements
- Parental responsibility
- The law relating to unmarried couples on a relationship breakdown (TLATA)
- Domestic violence injunctions such as non-molestation and occupation orders
- Prohibited steps and specific issue orders concerning children
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Financial provision for children following the separation of unmarried couples
- Civil Partnerships and same sex divorces
Children are the first concern for many during a relationship breakdown. When it is possible, we promote workable solutions and help to negotiate suitable arrangements for the children. We address issues such as who the children shall live with, how often they will have contact with the other parent, holiday and educational arrangements and other issues concerning the appropriate care of children. We also assist where there is a dispute and a court order is required to prohibit the steps of one parent or determine an issue in despite between parents.
Speak to us
To discuss the solutions that may be available for your family, contact us by using our simple contact form or ring 0208 735 9770 to arrange a short initial telephone assessment before arranging an appointment to meet someone in our family team.