It makes sense for friends to club together so that they can buy properties they would be unable to afford by themselves. However, a cautionary High Court ruling showed that...Continue reading
Areas of law covered
- Residential Conveyancing
- Commercial Property
- Lease extensions and Enfranchisement
- (English, History, Economics)
- B.Ph. (Philosophy)
- M.A. (English)
- Qualified Solicitor
Brief overview of your career
Enrolled as an Advocate of the Mumbai High Court in 1995 and practiced in various areas of law till 2005 when relocated to UK. In UK worked for the first 7 years with a property development and management company as Legal and Administration manager. In this position acquired extensive experience in buying, selling and managing freehold and leasehold properties and general administration. Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in December 2013 after a one year supervised experience with Vincent Solicitors and continued working in the Conveyancing department till joined Hubbard Pegman & Whitney in April 2014. Since then have practiced in all areas of property law and all types of property transactions.
Professional memberships and accreditations
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- West London Law Society
- SRA’s Property Section
What you offer your clients
I bring vast experience in property related law and practice from the perspective of a client as well as a solicitor having worked in a company and as a solicitor. My qualifications and other experiences have sharpened my understanding of law and language and enhanced people skills enabling me to negotiate successfully for my clients, even in difficult situations and achieve desired results even when it appears impossible. I am guided by the thought, what if I was the client, ensuring the focus on the client is never lost.
Why you love what you do
I enjoy the opportunity to work with a variety of people and stake holders. I appreciate the value of land and property and how they impact the lives of almost every person in some way. I enjoy being able to help people achieve their dreams of acquiring their first home, or enhancing their property portfolio. The variety of transactions and the different circumstances and aspects of seemingly similar transactions keep me fully engaged and enthused in property related legal work. I believe I learn from every transaction.
I have been involved in marriage preparation and marriage enrichment work in the Catholic Church for over 22 years, both in India and in UK and lead training sessions across England. I am involved in community work and am a member of Pitshanger Community Association in Ealing and British Keralites Association. I am a member of Business Network International, providing me access to trusted businessmen and professionals of various types of business and trades, adding value to my clients.
I enjoy reading, cycling ( I cycle to work), gardening and looking after my dogs.
- “Thank you Peter. Dad always spoke very highly of you and your efficiency and calm professionalism throughout the sale, helped ease an emotional process. Thank you very much.” N. Dove (second generation client).
- “I have known Peter for several years, he’s the person in this whole process that I trust the most and during our several professional dealings he has proved himself both skilled and proactive – a rare combination. I would rather change my mortgage lender than change my solicitor.” Alex F., Goldman Sachs.
- “Thanks for all your expertise, metal and integrity in dealing with the ‘Rowe Caper’.” A. Rowe, US based client.
- “Thank you so much for all of your help, it’s been massively appreciated and thank you for the pointers too!” A. Dunn.
- “I would like to personally thank Peter Augustine who was very professional yet friendly; Peter remained approachable at all times, he took time in explaining a few concepts to us in detail .We knew that we don’t need to worry.” A happy client.